Evangelizing.

Talk about anything! Topics not related the archive or Indiana music.

Moderator: Staff

crh.

Evangelizing.

Postby crh. » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:54 am

How do we make people excited about this forum?
CRH || post || AZTX || andhewaronall
http://www.soundcloud.com/andhewaronall
BrainTwins

Re: Evangelizing.

Postby BrainTwins » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Good question! I think we need to be talking about it more on social media to really help engage people and notify them about the site. We are a part of the website committee so we will tag it as an agenda item to discuss. Now that we have a new executive director for the organization we will ask her what she thinks we might be able to do to get people more excited about it. Thanks for bringing this up!
tawny_puters wrote:we're on a forum now and i can edit my signature and i'm going to add #tybj to my signature
crh.

Postby crh. » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:14 pm

Cool. And I'll keep spreading the word out here in meatspace. Cause I want this place to be hopping!
Last edited by crh. on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrainTwins

Postby BrainTwins » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:36 pm

Totally agree!
tawny_puters wrote:we're on a forum now and i can edit my signature and i'm going to add #tybj to my signature
crh.

Postby crh. » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:47 am

I worry that when people do show up here, they're going to notice the lack of activity and leave. :(
DanSnell

Postby DanSnell » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:44 pm

I got here and tried to post, and ran into a login/registration problem. I have a user registration on the .net site, a band registration on the .com site, and now I have a THIRD registration with a different username. Streamlining the accounts and access to accounts, and not requiring multiple logins, would be a start.

Sharing on social networking will certainly help [I do not use social networking anymore]. The problem that this will present focuses back to the streamlining of access of this site's features. Most users would rather interact on Facebook with one login, instead of hopping over here with more than one login requirement.

Content Strategy is the friend of the Administrators. Admins and Moderators [if any here] could start some threads that revolve around current topics. The categories are there, but we need to populate them, and so far that's not providing the greatest of results.

There could also be some kind of weekly event that is posted here, but it would have to be maintained, and it would have to actually be weekly in order to keep people interested.

Videos could be posted on YouTube that would serve to promote the site and the forum.

One problem this site has that Facebook does not is that it is very specialized. Indiana musicians are the focus. Facebook is for everyone, so it's almost unfair to compare. But this can be done. I ran a forum for drummers only, and had over 300 active people before it got too big and I had to hand it off to a professionally-run drum forum. They actually CHARGE MONEY in a membership fee for those who wish to use their site, so this can be done.

Even a big name forum can have this problem. The forums that FENDER runs for their Mustang series amps was promised to be a place where people could share amp modeling settings and other things. But when I go there, all I can find is posts that are 5-6 years old, where people are crying, "Fender! Please don't abandon us!"

I have more, but will stop here and see if any of these strike a chord first. I stopped using social networking over 2 years ago for a variety of reasons, and I think that a site like this would be something that could capture my attention more than a few times per week.
jcharles00

Postby jcharles00 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Interestingly, I was just having a conversation earlier today about how niche social media like this seems to work best when it augments/is-augmented-by in-person social interaction. Maybe consider putting on events for interaction? like non-show things. 15 some years ago when I was involved in local music websitery, we had a lot of luck doing a "local scene outing" weekly or monthly, where folks who were interested in local music just got together to drink and shoot the shit. I don't know if it would work for this group, but it's an idea.
BrainTwins

Postby BrainTwins » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:45 am

Right now the focus of the organization is more around the new space in fountain square and putting on events. We do have a website commmitee that is meeting regularly to get MFT a brand new site where a forum would be directly integrated. Thank you all for your input thus far, we will use this thread when we are building out the new website.

Return to “General”